3 Hoots for Preschool in Room 207!
A Peek at Our Week and This Week's Learning Targets.....
Circle Time Spotlight:
- Story: Peanut Butter & Jelly
- Fingerplay: Five Little Ducks
- Song: "The Fairy Tale Song"
- Concept Game: Fairy Tale Yoga Poses & Gross Motor Movements
- I am learning that pictures & illustrations tell & retell a story.
- I am learning to sequence the events in the story.
- I am learning to identify letters in my name.
- I am learning to match each letter with its sound.
- I am learning to write my name.
- I am learning to show an awareness of time.
- I am learning to explore, compare, & describe length, weight, or volume using standard units.
Gross Motor: Movement
- I am learning to move with balance.
Social Studies: Supply & Demand
- I am learning to recognize supply & demand.
Science: Recording Information
- I am learning to record information through a variety of means (graphing, tallying, writing, drawing, photographing).
Arts and Humanities: Drama
- I am learning to attend or respond to drama performed by others.
Health: Problem Solving Skills
- I am learning to ask for help to solve problems.
Dates to Remember....
- May 16th- Preschool's Last Day!!
News You Can Use:
- Thursday folders come home each week along with nap time stuff.
- I drafted a list of skills that are helpful for your child to be prepared for Kindergarten. These skills are taught in Kindergarten so this is not a requirement but having some knowledge will help make their transition much smoother.....tying shoes, scissor skills, using a glue stick, identifying first name, attempting to write first name, alphabet knowledge, rhyming, shapes (circle, square, rectangle, triangle, & hexagon), identifying numbers, counting (rote & one-to-one correspondence), book orientation & directionality (concepts of print), identifying characters in a story, retelling a story, & answering simple questions about a story. These are things we work on daily in preschool but I think it is helpful for you to know this too!!